InterSport Corp/dba Wham-O is the legendary company that manufactures and markets some of the most recognizable consumer brands in the world, from classics like Frisbee® discs , Slip ’N Slide® water slides, and Hula Hoop® toy hoops, to outdoor recreational brands like Morey®, Churchill ® , Malibu ® , Boogie® body boards, Snow Boogie® sleds, snowboards, inflatables and BZ® Pro Boards. Some of the brands have been with the Company for decades. Frisbee® was first introduced in 1957, Hula Hoop® in 1958, Slip ’N Slide® in 1961, and Super Ball ® in 1965.
We are seeking a Junior Product Graphic Designer to join our collaborative team and to work in our Carson, CA office.
Reporting to the Marketing/Brand Manager, the ideal candidate will be self-motivated, dynamic & entrepreneurially-minded designer to continue producing classic, innovative products for our array of Wham-O product lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage projects from concept to production.
• Contribute through all phases of the design process (logo, brand, packaging and collateral development)
• Must be able to keep designs fresh while also being able to take into account the goals and expectations set by the senior staff as well as various internal and external relations.
• Willing to take greater initiative and ownership of projects with minimum supervision.
• Ability to display conceptual ideas as rough sketches and in electronic format.
• Participate in all phases of the product design and review process from concept through execution.
• Share production tasks with the team, including sample creation and trade show setup.
• Provide detailed direction to the Hong Kong counterparts.
• Interact with cross-functional teams – sales, operations, and global sourcing to insure that all phases of design are in compliance with regulatory and quality specifications.
• A Portfolio demonstrating a strong mix of conceptual development, trend spotting, and the ability to refine an idea.
• 2-3 years of working experience.
• 3D software knowledge or familiarity a plus, preferably Solidworks
• Excellent skills in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Ability to sketch with a high degree of craft and excellence as well as design.
• Strong sensibility to color, composition, balance & space.
• Clear and strong understanding of internal file naming, sharing and saving protocols as well as the ability to follow the standards provided.
• Keep records of own projects and projects of those supervised.
• Maintain organized project folders and back up work on server
• Ability to quickly learn the Wham-O brands as well as having full understanding of its competitors.
• Knowledgeable of the brands that fall under the positions respective division as well as latest industry trends (design, eco-friendly, etc.).
• Must be able to demonstrate clear and thorough written and verbal communication skills with colleagues and across the company.
• Demonstrated ability to visualize & mock-up design concepts 3 dimensionally by creating physical prototypes or 3D renderings.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, effectively manage ones time with the ability to manage multiple projects under strict deadlines.
• Experience working effectively within a department and cross-functional teams.
• Candidate must live within a 30 mile radius of the Carson office.
The Jr. Product/Graphic Designer position compensation starts at $32,000 and includes vacation days, health insurance and 401k.
If you are looking for a great place to work with dedicated and creative colleagues, please submit a cover letter, portfolio (link or PDF sample) and resume to email@example.com.
© 2016. All Rights Reserved.